The workshop will focus on skills and techniques for sewing with sweatshirt fabric, along with construction skills such as the Raglan Sleeve and adding a stretchy cuff.
You will learn
- How to choose your size and interpret the pattern
- How to cut out sweatshirt fabric and assess the stretch
- How to stretch fabric on a regular sewing machine
- How to construct a Raglan Sleeve
- How to add a neckband and cuff using the same or a ribbed fabric
- How to sew and optional regular hem in a stretch fabric
- How to use a twin needle on a stretch fabric
We class this as an improvers workshop. You must be confident in setting up and using a sewing machine. You should have made 1 or 2 simple garments before but if it’s your first time sewing with stretch fabric, this workshop is perfect for you.
£65 early bird/£65 habbydays members (discount given via £10 Habbydays voucher)/£75 non member (after early bird period) per person. Places are bookable online and instore.
You will need to pay in advance for this class.
Pattern included in price of the class. You will receive a class list of materials before the class. If buying at Habbydays you will receive 10% off of your bill with proof of booking this class.